Western fully recognises the responsibility it has to have arrangements about safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
All staff are subject to a criminal records bureau enhanced disclosure
- We check the identity information for all visiting teaching staff and other professionals
- The school building has secured entrances and exits
- All personnel wear identity badges and visitors are required to sign in
- We have a regularly reviewed child protection policy
- The Head of School (Sarah Dixon) is the school’s nominated child protection officer, with five deputies in this role
- Risk assessments are undertaken for all educational visits and are completed for all areas of the school premises.
We comply with the Local Authority’s policies and procedures around safe practices for Health and Safety.
With this in mind, we respectfully ask parents/visitors to only access school buildings via the main school office. If you have an appointment to meet with a member of staff, please sign in at the school office where you will be asked to sign our visitor agreement (available below) and escorted to the appropriate room.
E-safety is becoming increasingly important as technology is developing very fast. Please find below information and links to help parents in supporting pupils to be safe online.
Information and advice for parents and carers from Childnet International.
Childnet’s mission is to work in partnership with others around the world to help make the internet a great and safe place for children.
Thinkuknow is the education programme from NCA-CEOP, a UK organisation which protects children both online and offline.
Explore one of the six Thinkuknow websites for advice about staying safe when you're on a phone, tablet or computer.