Personal, Social, Health and Citizenship Education (PSHE) and values are at the School’s heart and are central to the Western family and its purpose and aims.
In PSHE our aim is to help children :
- Develop confidence and responsibilities and make the most of their abilities.
- Prepare to play an active role as citizens.
- Develop a healthy, safe lifestyle with the ability to make appropriate risk assessments.
- Develop good relationships and respect the differences between people.
- Understand some basic principles of finances.
- Make a positive contribution to life at school.
In addition, children learn about and apply our ‘Western Family Values’ as part of a cycle across school, plus work on Modern British Values.