At Western we believe it is beneficial for children to receive the opportunity to drink milk in school. A company called Cool Milk provides what we believe to be the best deal to parents, pupils and school alike. Parents need to register directly with Cool Milk for their child to receive milk in school; this is a simple matter of completing an online registration form preferably via their website.
Depending on the age of your child, Cool Milk will then either provide your child with milk free of charge or invoice you for payment. School milk is free for all under-fives and is subsidised for pupils aged five or older at around £15 a term. Cook Milk provides a variety of ways for parents to pay including online payments, telephone payments, by cheque or at a local PayPoint. Unfortunately parents cannot pay the school directly.
We do hope you will take the time to register your child for school milk. Find out the top ten reasons to drink school milk at www.coolmilk.com/whyschoolmilk.
How to Register:
Milk is completely free for all children aged under five and is subsidised for children aged five or older (£15 a term). Simply register at www.coolmilk.com
My child is under five (this also applies if you are in receipt of Statutory* Free School Meals and your child is under 5)
- Just register by a Tuesday 5pm for your child’s free milk to start the following Monday.
- Free milk will continue until the Friday before your child’s fifth birthday. You will receive a payment request three weeks before this time. If you wish your child to continue to receive school milk simply make a payment.
My child is five or older
- Register online as soon as possible. Shortly after registering you will receive a payment request.
- You can pay Cool Milk either online, over the phone, at a local PayPoint or by cheque in half-termly, termly or annual instalments.
- Please pay by Tuesday 5pm for your child’s milk to start the following Monday.
My child is five or older and also entitled to Statutory* Free School Meals
- If your child is 5 or over and is entitled to Statutory* Free School Meals they are also entitled to Free Milk in school. In this case you will not need to register directly with Cool Milk as school will act on your behalf by providing Cool Milk with your child’s name and date of birth and will pay the invoice from delegated funding provided to schools for this purpose. If you do not wish school to do this, simply inform us at the school office.
If you have any questions regarding school milk please visit www.coolmilk.com or contact Cool Milk directly on 0844 8542913, or enquire at the school office.
*Statutory Free School Meals are provided to families who qualify for certain benefits or have a household income not exceeding the Government threshold. They are claimed for by registering via the Local Authority who you pay your council tax to.